on Saturday, March 12, 2011


Here is my first shot of my Nikon F60 in Manual Mode. This was taken without a flash. 

I am currently watching a basic photography training video and while watching I tried some of the instructions and this was the result of my first shot. I know it is not perfect but hey it is my first time to use a bicycle without a training wheel on so please bear with me. I've learned from this shot that when using a small aperture on camera, it is required to have a very stable position or preferrably use a tripod.

Mind you, I only knew of the result after I took the results from nearby studio and have some of my pictures printed. After watching the video, I actully took pictures and when I have seen the results - I was a bit disappointed with my camera's focus (or my focus) but I am very happy about the exposures. It was the exposures that I've been wanting to learn properly eveysince I've started taking photography into consideration as my new hobby.

Well, it is not the camera's fault - it was me. Like I've said, I've just learned that in order to achieve best focus, picture quality and depth, you need to use a good tripod. One unfortunate thing about Nikon F60 is I can't tell the ISO information.

Camera: Nikon F60 (Film Fujifilm ISO 100)
Exposure: F/16 - 15 sec.